יום ראשון, 30 בינואר 2011

Cheapest Samsung UN55C8000


I bought UN55C8000 based on the good review at Home Theater Mag. I'm not disappointed..it is a great set. I have zero flashlighting (I could see minor glimpses of it on the 7000 series), it has great black level and contrast, and a very clean/sharp picture. This is a great TV UN55C8000 for 2D alone...throw in 3D as a bonus, and it's a great value.


Samsung UN55C8000 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTVGreat picture quality, poor quality controlPicture quality is excellent. Black isn't perfect but better than any LCD I've seen. Clouding is not an issue, and I don't have a "flashlighting" problem. I compared last years 8500 and this years C8000 in store before purchasing; C8000 had better PQ IMHO in store, and I'd take the lack of blooming on the C8000 over the potentially better blacks on the Samsung UN55C8000 . I gave up on Anynet and purchased a Harmony remote. Too bad Samsung firmware doesn't let you set the "default" input to be HDMI (Another device turning off changes TV input to Coax using HDMI-CEC). A little customization would go a long way in making Anynet usable. I really wish the Game Mode setting had a discrete remote code, or at least wasn't buried 10+ steps into the menu. I am not crazy about the silver bezel; wish it was dark grey or black, but it is a step up for Piano Gloss Black for me which really shows prints and looks tacky to me even without prints.ֲ My TV is in a pretty bright room.

Looks almost perfect for how I watch it, night or day, though admittedly at night I can detect a tiny amount of non-uniformity in very isolated dark scenes and a small amount of flashlighting with letterbox scenes. At the end of the day, this is the best TV picture quality I have personally seen to date, regardless of technology or price.ֲ The settings I changed from the default:ֲ Mode OF Samsung UN55C8000 Standardֲ Backlight: OF Samsung UN55C8000 12ֲ Contrast OF Samsung UN55C8000: 90ֲ AMP: Clearֲ Eco Mode: On (Great feature, otherwise TV is too bright at night)ֲ -Lowest Backlight: 7ֲ My Personal Ratings:ֲ Picture Quality during day: 9/10 - glossy screen, perfect otherwiseֲ Picture Quality at night: 9/10 - minor lighting uniformity issues or 'clouding'ֲ Picture Quality compared to Plasma - Sharper, Brighter (way more awesome) in direct view, but move more than 20 degrees off center and Plasma wins, except in a bright room

Do appreciate the fact that the connectors run along the Samsung UN55C8000 instead of straight out the back (very nice!). Do not like the permanently affixed power cord. TV should have a physical power button accessible on the back  Quality Control: 5/10 - I'm just waiting for the capacitors to fail now. I'm not feeling good about the amount of people receiving possessed TVs. See below.ֲ Average my ratings except quality control (and the easily replaced remote) and I would give this set 4 out of 5 stars. It's good, but significant room for improvement on a high end consumer TV.ֲ Unfortunately, the Samsung UN55C8000 looses another precious star since the original TV Amazon replaced for me had a serious problem:ֲ Each morning watching satellite, within about 15 minutes of powering on (and remotes hidden away), TV changes input to PC/Cable, static appears in the back, lower right red indicator is flashing quickly (as if remote is sending commands) and TV is unresponsive to front panel buttons and most remote buttons. I was able to get the input back to HDMI by pressing Menu on the remote, but took repeated tries. To bring the TV back to normal, I had to physically disconnect power cable from the wall (very annoying) as the regular power button doesn't work.ֲ Mine became possessed with CEC (Anynet) turned on or off. With Anynet control connection enabled on the receiver, it switched my receiver to another input and turned it off. As a test when TV was possessed I disconnected the only cable (HDMI) connected to the TV to see if that helped it recover. The TV remained unresponsive to the remote/front panel and continued to flash the red indicator as if it was receiving commands. Based on this and that the replacement under the same setup does not go crazy, the errant commands were not coming off of HDMI-CEC.ֲ Once I was able to get the TV out of the unresponsive flashy mode by pressing buttons on the front panel. Another time, the TV rebooted on its own, but cleared ALL of my settings and came up in demo mode (which I exited through the normal plug and play menu setting). Having seen demo mode, I can determine that what the TV was doing before the reboot was certainly not demo mode.ֲ I believe the control board in the Samsung is likely faulty, and since only a few others see this maybe be a yield issue in the Tijuana factory. Maybe it is temperature related, my house is a few degrees cooler in the morning. As the TV warms up an improperly soldered chip makes complete contact and confuses the remote sensor. Maybe its a grounding issue (loose connection).ֲ Technical details:ֲ Tested with firmware 1006, 1016, 1017.ֲ Yamaha RX-V765 AVR connected by HDMI to TV. Tried with HDMI control on and off, no difference.ֲ PS3 (HDMI), Dish Network PIV 722 (HDMI), and PS2 (component) connected to AVRֲ Other than the single HDMI connection from AVR and power cable through basic surge protector, no other connections to TV.

Read More About Samsung UN55C8000 55-Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3D LED HDTV

ֲ

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה